you consider wine simply as a drink to revive yourself, then think again. Wine is considered to be one of the best skin and hair care solutions. It gives your skin a refreshing glow and removes tan and blemishes. Moreover, grapes are an excellent source of antioxidants that increases blood circulation in the scalp thus promoting hair growth.
Achal Arya, Director at Astaberry Biosciences, the first ever brand to offer fine wine-infused products for skin and hair care talks to Abraxas Lifestyle about wine for skin and hair care solutions.
“From ancient times red wine has been considered to be one of the healthiest drinks and was also used for medicinal purposes. French people drink red wine almost daily to stay fit and healthy. Apart from offering health benefits, red wine works wonders for the skin and hair too.”
Wine for Skin Care:
- Wine is said to assist in fighting ageing by renovating collagen and elastic fibres, thus plumping out wrinkles and giving flabby skin a boost.
- Wine contains natural AHAs, as well as antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agents which also soothes skin and exfoliates dead cells.
- Applying wine-rich skin care products helps fight acne and prevents excessive oil production. It is also known to open pores and decongest skin.
- Red wine is a rich source of amino acids that help boost skin renewal. The antioxidants in red wine form a protective barrier over your skin, thus preventing sun damage.
- You can apply red wine directly to your skin (works as a wonderful facial toner) or you can mix it with some oatmeal and leave it on for a few minutes. This treatment will help remove dead cells and leave you with glowing skin.
- Red wine can also help lighten your skin tone. Beat 1 egg and add 5 teaspoons of red wine to it. Then add 2 teaspoons of honey and beat thoroughly. Apply it to your face and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. You can also use yoghurt in place of eggs.
- Nowadays red wine facials are gaining immense popularity. The facial gives a refreshing glow to the skin while removing tan and blemishes. The anti-ageing properties of a wine facial make it even more beneficial. Its therapeutic property de-stresses and rejuvenates the skin.
Wine for Hair Care:
- Grape as an active ingredient in wine is an excellent source of antioxidants that increases blood circulation in the scalp thus promoting hair growth.
- Grapes in wine with an abundance of vitamin E and linoleic acid help treat hair loss, split ends, brittleness and hair fall caused by rough handling of hair and also reinforces the blood vessels to reduce flakiness, dandruff and itchiness of the scalp.
- Shampoo and condition your hair as usual and use red wine as a final rinse. This will give you thick and lustrous hair in no time.
- Red wine helps combat the massive effect of UV rays and protects it from dry and frizzy hair problems.
- Moreover, red wine is an ideal choice for rejuvenating and repairing your damaged hair.
Pamper yourself with the splendid effects of red wine – a one stop solution to your skin and hair woes.